Cooking Eating Dining Sharing

Monday, September 28, 2009

dinner on the run


Tonight I came home and was feeling rather blah from the work a day world and noticed that I had a bag of swiss chard in the fridge that I had chopped up a couple days ago.  MUST saute them immediately, so they don't go bad....I was thinking to myself.    With a little leek before hand, then salt and pepper with a little balsamic drizzle to top it off, it was a nice side dish by itself.  However, I had the most beautful green lentils and so I cooked those up and threw them in with the chard, added a little sauted onion and peppers and topped it all with a little goat cheese.  Yum!  





Also, found the leftover Papparadelle Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil and parmesan cheese.  It is the perfect dish to add eggs to, believe it or not.  So with a little olive oil, saute of the pasta with its ingredients, I have added three beautiful green eggs from the farm that is on my way home from work.  I also happened to have in my fridge, a newly acquired container of arugula pesto from Bi-Rite (my favorite SF market) at Guerrero and 18th Street (http://www.biritemarket.com/).   I threw in a couple of teaspoons!  If you find yourself in SF, you need to go to this market and also pick up something delicious from the bakery Tartine (www.tartinebakery.com).  I am a broken record when it comes to Tartine!  It simply is amazing!  The staff is not the most efficient, nor the most courteous, however, the food is simply divine.  On Sunday, for instance, we shared a sandwich with Proscuitto, purreed Broccoli Rabe and Fontina Cheese.  It sounds simple, but the bread is their own....and out of this world delicious!   I gobbled it up!  







No comments: