Cooking Eating Dining Sharing

Monday, April 12, 2010

Huevos Ranchero Heaven

Huevos Rancheros at Wildwood Market Cafe, Graton  CA. 

I have a love affair with this dish.  I order it almost every time I go out to breakfast or brunch.  I can't help myself.  I love the combination of flavors, I am almost never disappointed and well, it just makes me happy.  My friends make fun of me, my husband is happy because he can always taste mine and order something different. 

This dish is a perfect marriage of flavor.  I always order poached eggs because they are healthier than fried.  Who can resist the way they drip out onto your potatoes, or polenta in this case, which brings me to another point, how delicious is polenta for breakfast/brunch?  I can atest, it is a perfect breakfast food~  with the addition of freshly made guacamole, sour cream, tomato salsa fresca (pico de gallo), black beans and crispy or soft tortillas, you could not ask for a better breakfast plate.   To top it off, roasted chili salsa drizzled over the whole dish is just right, and doesn't overpower.   Tres Bien!

Check it out:
Wildwood Market Cafe is located in faraway Graton, near Forestville and Sebastapol in west Sonoma County.  It is well worth the field trip because afterwards you can make your way to Merry Edwards Vineyards and other winery spots for some great west county wine tasting.

No comments: